• Kathy C. Bailey became president and chief executive officer of Blue Ridge HealthCare, Morganton, N.C., on Jan. 21. She joined BRHC in August 2005 as senior vice president/chief operating officer.
• Amy Perry becomes president of Sinai Hospital, Baltimore, and executive vice president of LifeBridge Health, Sinai's parent company in March. She was senior vice president and chief operating officer of Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Fla.
• F. Dana Ellerbe became CEO of Havasu Regional Medical Center in Lake Havasu City, Ariz., on Jan. 7. He had been interim CEO, and previously was vice president of ancillary services for Marin General Hospital in Greenbrae, Calif.
• James R. Burkhart will become president and CEO of Tampa (Fla.) General Hospital on March 4, replacing the retiring CEO Ron Hytoff. Burkhart was president and CEO of Shands Jacksonville Medical Center.
• Charles L. Spicer Jr. became president and CEO for OU Medical System, Oklahoma City, on Jan. 1. He replaced Cole C. Eslyn, who retired at the end of 2012 after 35 years in the health care industry. Spicer was CEO of the Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center.
• Susan Fox became president of the White Plains (N.Y.) Hospital on Jan. 1. She had been senior vice president of administration of White Plains Hospital since 2010.
• Gene E. Green, M.D., became president of Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, Md., a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine, in December. He replaces Brian Gragnolati, who is now senior vice president of the Johns Hopkins Health System. Green was vice president of medical affairs and chief medical officer for Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
• William Conway, M.D., became executive vice president and CEO of the Henry Ford Medical Group, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, in December. He was senior vice president and chief quality officer of Henry Ford Health System. He will keep his role as chief quality officer for the health system until a new quality leader is appointed.
• Douglas A. Girod, M.D., will became executive vice chancellor for the University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, on Feb. 1. Girod, a surgeon, was the medical center's senior associate dean for clinical affairs and chair of the otolaryngologyhead and neck surgery department.
• Deborah Bowen will become the American College of Healthcare Executives president and CEO on May 13. She now serves as ACHE's executive vice president and COO. Before that, she was its director of government relations since 1992 and vice president of its administration division between 1994 and 2000. She left to become deputy executive director of the Society of Actuaries.
• Adam Mezoff, M.D., will become vice president and chief medical officer at the Children's Medical Center of Dayton (Ohio) on March 18. He now serves as clinical director in the gastroenterology division at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. He will succeed Thomas Murphy, M.D., who is retiring.
• Jeffrey Jones became chief financial officer for Cone Health, Greensboro, N.C. He was senior vice president of finance for the Cleveland Clinic's regional hospitals. Jones started at Cone Health on Feb. 4, replacing Ken Boggs, who retired at the end of 2012.
• Daniel Varga, M.D., was named chief clinical officer and senior executive vice president of Texas Health Resources, Arlington. He was chief clinical officer at KentuckyOne Health.
• Kathy Lewis became senior vice president, communications and marketing for the NYU Langone Medical Center in January. She was vice president of public affairs for Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City.
• Jeanne K. Dzurenko, R.N., became senior vice president of patient care and chief nursing officer of Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, West Islip, N.Y., in January. Dzurenko was the senior director of nursing operations, patient care systems, at NYU Langone Medical Center.
For more news about hospital executive appointments, projects, mergers and affiliations, visit www.hhnmag.com and click on Webextra under People & Business on the current issue page.