Applications are being accepted for the AHA-NPSF Patient Safety Leadership Fellowship. Now entering its 10th year, the fellowship is a year-long learning experience for clinical and administrative leaders dedicated to improving quality and patient safety. Organizers say the program allows participants to:
- Expand their knowledge of patient safety science and evidence-based approaches to improving patient safety and quality.
- Enhance their capacity to lead improvement teams, create allies, and spread and sustain improvement across their organization.
- Increase their ability to implement and spread health care innovations.
- Complete an improvement project designed to drive change now and in the future.
- Utilize new resources and a network of national experts and fellowship alumni.
The fellowship is co-sponsored by the American Hospital Association and the National Patient Safety Foundation in partnership with the Health Research & Educational Trust, Health Forum, the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management, the American Organization of Nurse Executives and the Society of Hospital Medicine. To learn more about the program, visit www.ahafellowships.org.