Personal qualities for success as a CFO in a rapidly changing world
- Learn to be humble. The road to success is paved with errors. They are part of making progress.
- Ask questions and listen better.
- Let others win. Better yet, team up with others to win.
- Focus on making yourself a better servant. Become better at everything you do.
- Keep in mind why you got into health care. Uphold the longstanding values of compassion, respect and trust.
- Look outside health care for A new perspective. Discover the new and do not defend the old.
Source: James J. Heilsberg, CFO, CIO, facility planner, CPA, FHFMA, Whitman Hospital & Medical Center