• Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota received a $3 million gift in July from George and Karen Benz to complete the hospital's new neuroscience center. It will be named the Karen and George Benz Family Pediatric Neuroscience Center when it opens in St. Paul later this year.
• Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, M.D. received in July a minimum $10 million long-term commitment from John and Cathy Belcher. The multi-year commitment includes a $1 million outright gift over a period of years and an irrevocable estate gift. AAMC will rename the Health Sciences Pavilion the John and Cathy Belcher Pavilion. In addition, the AAMC Foundation will establish the John and Cathy Belcher Society to recognize individuals who bequeath gifts of $100,000 or greater.
• Paul Allen, M.D., became chief quality officer of Cambridge (Mass.) Health Alliance. He was the regional vice president of medical affairs for Holy Family and Merrimack Valley hospitals and Nashoba Valley Medical Center, all part of Steward Health Care.
• Carladenise A. Edwards became chief strategy officer of Alameda Health System, Oakland, Calif., in August. Edwards was with a consulting practice that provides strategy and business development services to health care industry.
• Leon McDougle, M.D., was named the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's first chief diversity officer. He is a tenured associate professor of family medicine and associate dean for diversity and inclusion in the Ohio State University College of Medicine.
• Barbara Trehearne, R.N., in July became vice president of primary care for Group Health Cooperative, a not-for-nonprofit health system based in Seattle. She had held the position on an interim basis since April. She is also vice president for clinical excellence of nursing and quality at Group Health, as well as an associate dean of clinical practice at the University of Washington School of Nursing and an adjunct faculty member at Seattle Pacific University.
• Michael Urbach was promoted to president and COO and Darlene Vega was promoted to senior vice president of strategic development at Victory Healthcare, the Woodlands, Texas. Urbach has been COO for Victory Healthcare since January and Vega joined the organization in May 2012 as vice president, hospital development.
• Mark Miller became executive vice president and CFO of LHP Hospital Group Inc., Plano, Texas, in July. He was executive vice president and CFO of Sabre Holdings.
• Sister Lisa Maurer was named director, mission integration, for the Benedictine Health System, Duluth, Minn., in July. She joined BHS in March 2012 as mission integration manager.