Framing the Issue
• Hackers stalk health care organizations every day looking to steal valuable protected health information.
• Security risk analysis is a tool to identify every possible entry point in the electronic health record system.
• There is more at risk than just computers and records; hospital infrastructure and medical devices also can be hacked.
• Network security is a day-to-day operation because break-in attempts are a day-to-day job for hackers.
• Device manufacturers share the responsibility for keeping health care operations secure, so check your contracts.