A survey of more than 17,000 physicians conducted for the Physicians Foundation by Merritt Hawkins revealed:.
- Almost 43 percent had at least some pay tied to quality.
- Just 20 percent were either very or somewhat familiar with MACRA, or the Medicare Accountability and CHIP Reauthorization Act.
- About 27 percent limit or do not accept Medicare patients.
- Well over a third, 38 percent, say that electronic health records have had little or no impact on quality of care in own practice.
- Roughly 28 percent say they are overextended and overworked.
- Still, 72 percent would be a doctor all over again.
Source: 2016 Survey of America’s Physicians: Practice Patterns & Perspectives