The American Hospital Association announced the following appointments to its seven constituency sections and to its Committee for Volunteer for this year:
- Ann Schumacher, trustee, Memorial Community Hospital and president, CHI Health Immanuel Medical Center in Omaha, Neb., is the 2017 council chair of the AHA’s Constituency Section for Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Services.
- David Perlstein, M.D., president and CEO for SBH Health System in Bronx, N.Y., will chair the Committee for Clinical Leadership.
- Elaine Couture, R.N., executive vice president/chief executive of Providence Health & Services eastern Washington/Montana, will chair the Section for Metropolitan Hospitals.
- Rachelle Schultz, president and CEO of Winona (Minn.) Health will chair the Section for Small or Rural Hospitals.
- Joe McDonald, president and CEO of Catholic Health System is the 2017 council chair of the constituency section for Health Care Systems.
- Margie Beadles, volunteer/auxilian at CoxHealth in Springfield, Mo., is the chair of the Committee on Volunteers.
- Patricia M. DePompei, R.N., president of University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital and MacDonald Women’s Hospital in Cleveland, is the chair of the Section for Maternal and Child Health Council.
- Daniel Mendelson, M.D., associate chief of medicine and director of palliative care for Highland Hospital at the University of Rochester (N.Y.) Medical Center, will be chair of the Section for Long-Term Care and Rehabilitation Council.
The AHA's seven Constituency Sections are a unique blend of forum and network, linking members with shared interests and missions. Through the sections, members put political, economic and market-driven issues on AHA's agenda where they help shape AHA services and policy. For more on the sections, see the AHA website.