Calendar of Health Care Conferences
- June 25–28: Healthcare Financial Management Association Annual Meeting, Orlando, Fla.
This year’s HFMA Annual National Institute meeting incorporates sessions that encourage topic ideas and recommendations from attendees. Among the speakers: Tejal Gandhi, M.D., of NPSF and David Asch, M.D., of the Center for Health Care Innovation. For more information, visit www.hfma.org.
- July 23–26: AHRMM Conference & Exhibition, Washington, D.C.
The leading health care supply chain conference is sponsored by the Association for Healthcare Resources & Materials Management, a personal membership group of the American Hospital Association. This year’s sessions will focus on cost, quality and outcomes. For more information and to register, visit the AHRMM17 website.
- July 27–29: AHA Leadership Summit, San Diego.
This year marks the 25th annual meeting and will focus on innovating in a time of change. It will offer strategies and tools for senior hospital executives to help provide the best care for patients. Among the speakers: Rana Foroohar, CNN analyst, and best-selling author Abraham Verghese, M.D. For more information and to register, visit the Leadership Summit website.
- Aug. 6-9: ASHE Annual Conference & Technical Exhibition, Indianapolis
More than 3,300 health care facility management and engineering professionals will gather to share perspectives on optimizing the health care built environment. Visit www.ashe.org.
- Sept. 13-16: Conference on LGBTQ Health, Philadelphia
- GLMA: Health Professionals Advancing LGBT Equality (formerly the Gay & Lesbian Medical Association) will host its 35th annual conference to educate practitioners, policy advocates, administrators and more about the unique health needs of LGBT individuals and families. This year’s theme is "From Resistance to Resilience: Filling the Gaps in LGBT Healthcare and Research." Visit www.glma.org.
- Sept. 24-27: SHSMD Connections Conference, Orlando, Fla.
- The annual conference of the AHA’s Society for Healthcare Strategy & Market Development features more than 200 presenters who will help health care strategists learn new skills to tackle emerging challenges in the field. The keynote speakers will include futurist Daniel Burrus, who will examine the role of technology-enabled innovation in transforming health care. Visit www.shsmd.org.
- Sept. 27-29: Mayo Clinic Center for Innovation Transform 2017, Rochester, Minn.
- This year’s conference will focus on closing the gap between people and health and will emphasize the human perspective as a compass to understand and navigate pivotal issues and create a sustainable future for health care. Visit transformconference.mayo.edu.
E-mail information about health care conferences to firstname.lastname@example.org.